Chronicling/An ongoing series highlighting University of Pittsburgh history

Issue Date: 
May 29, 2007


May 1936—Pitt’s School of Law closes its downtown offices, classrooms, and library and moves into the Cathedral of Learning’s 14th, 15th, and 16th floors, “though they were finished only in the rough,” according to Robert C. Alberts’ Pitt: The Story of the University of Pittsburgh 1787-1987 (University of Pittsburgh Press, 1986). Law was the first Pitt school to move into the Cathedral as an entire unit, Alberts wrote.